Bridges to the Doctorate @Towson University
Are you interested in a career in biomedical research?
Are you thinking of getting your PhD?
The Bridges to the Doctorate (B2D) Program aims to promote the participation of underrepresented minority students in biomedical research with the goal of changing the face of the science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) workforce.
In collaboration with the University of Maryland School of Medicine, the B2D Program provides mentoring and training to students as they earn their MS in biology at Towson University and ultimately “bridge” to a doctoral program at UMSOM or elsewhere.
Bridges to the Doctorate scholars participate in professional development and research skills building activities such as research seminars, workshops, a four-week rotation in an UMSOM lab, doctoral level coursework, and GRE test preparation. While enrolled at TU, Bridges to the Doctorate students are provided a tuition waiver, salary, and funding to travel to research conferences.
The B2D program will provide you with:
- An MS in Biology
- Two years of research experience
- A community of likeminded peers
- Help applying to PhD programs
- Research experiences at Towson University, University of Maryland School of Medicine and Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine*
- A tuition waiver
- A stipend to help with living expenses
- Funding to travel to research conferences
Applications are due March 20.