NSF Louis Stokes Alliances for Minority Participation (LSAMP) Community:
We are pleased to announce the continuation of the GRE® Fee Reduction Program for LSAMP Programs in the 2022-23 testing year, beginning July 1, 2022. Details of the program are listed below.
2022-23 Program Details:
- You may request up to five Fee Reduction Vouchers for your LSAMP students who plan to take the GRE General Test (including the at home test) and up to five vouchers for those who plan to take a GRE Subject Test.
- For each GRE General Test voucher that you receive, you will receive one test preparation voucher that provides free access to POWERPREP PLUS® Online Practice Test 1, POWERPREP PLUS® Online practice test 2 and ScoreItNow!™ Online Writing Practice, a $100 value. The POWERPREP PLUS Practice Tests are full-length tests that simulate the actual GRE General Test and provide scores for all three measures of the test. ScoreItNow! Online Writing Practice is intended to help test takers prepare for the Analytical Writing section of the GRE General Test. Learn more about these GRE test preparation services.
- You may distribute vouchers to individuals who wish to take or retake a GRE General Test and/or GRE Subject Test.
- All vouchers are good for one year from date of issue.
- Refunds will not be issued for test takers who cancel or are absent from their test appointments.
Process for Obtaining GRE Fee Reduction Vouchers
- Print and complete the 2022-23 GRE Fee Reduction Program Order Form for the LSAMP Program, and indicate the number of GRE General Test vouchers and GRE Subject Test vouchers you wish to order.
- Email the completed order form to GRE_Fee_Reduction@ets.org.
- ETS will email the requested number of vouchers to you for distribution to your LSAMP students approximately five to seven days after receipt of your completed order form.
Using GRE Fee Reduction Vouchers
Please share the following information with test takers who will be using a GRE Fee Reduction voucher.
General Test Registration
- Test takers are required to pay 50 percent of the GRE General Test fee (US $102.50) at the time they register to test.
- Test takers paying by credit/debit card can register online in their ETS Account, or by calling Prometric® Services at 1-800-473-2255 to schedule a test appointment.
- Test takers paying by check or money order need to complete a GRE® General Test Authorization Voucher Request Form and follow the instructions on the form for mailing to ETS. Individuals should allow up to four weeks for processing and mail delivery.
Subject Test Registration
- Test takers are required to pay 50 percent of the Subject Test fee (US $75) at the time they register to test.
- Test takers paying by credit/debit card can register online in their ETS Account.
- Test takers paying by check or money order need to complete the Registration Form for the GRE® Subject Tests and follow the instructions on the form for mailing to ETS. Individuals should allow up to four weeks for processing and mail delivery.
Redeeming a Test Preparation Voucher
To redeem a test preparation voucher, test takers need to do the following:
- Log in to their ETS account.
- Select “Shop for Test Preparation”.
- Add POWERPREP PLUS Online Practice Test 1 and 2, and the ScoreItNow! service to their cart.
- Select “Proceed to Checkout”.
- Enter the voucher number in the “Voucher/Promotional Code” box at the top of the checkout page (fee will be $0.0 once the voucher number is recognized).
- Select “Pay Now”.
- Once the order has been processed, the test taker will receive a confirmation email that the POWERPREP Plus Online Practice Tests 1 and/or 2 have been added to the “My Test Prep & Services” section of their ETS account. In addition, a new voucher code to access the ScoreItNow! service will be sent to the test taker. The test taker will be able to use this new voucher code to access the ScoreItNow! service.
- Note that all three test preparation services do not need to be ordered at the same time when using the test preparation voucher. The test taker can redeem practice test 1 on a particular day and return to their ETS account at a later date to redeem one or both remaining services.
GRE Fee Reduction Vouchers will be distributed beginning in June 2022. If you have questions, please contact GRE Institutional Services via email at GRE_Fee_Reduction@ets.org or by phone at 609-771-7092. Questions from test takers should be directed to GRE Services via email at email@example.com or by phone at 609-771-7670.
The GRE Fee Reduction Program is funded by income from GRE test fees. The GRE Program incurs a cost for every test appointment scheduled or test registration received. It is important that you encourage your students not to schedule an appointment or register for a test unless they are sure they will be able to attend the test session. The long-range viability of the Fee Reduction Program depends upon effective stewardship of this program. We appreciate your help.