RECCS extended deadline of Feb. 5th and raised stipend to $650/week
The Research Experience for Community College Students (RECCS) at CU Boulder has extending the deadline to apply to February 5th, and are raising the weekly stipend to $650/week and weekly gas stipend (if students drive) to $80/week.
The RECCS program is tailored directly to community college students, and we are opening it up this year to community colleges in Colorado’s surrounding states, in addition to Colorado. This unique opportunity to spend a summer working on an independent research project with a mentor in the geologic or environmental sciences could launch a career! Prior research experience is NOT necessary for eligibility.
Dates: May 30th – July 28th, 2023
Students will receive:
- 9 week student-generated research experience with a science mentor at CU, NOAA or other institutions.
- $650 per week stipend for a total of $5,850
- Training and support in scientific writing and communication
- Career, academic transfer, and grad school prep
- $80/week gas stipend or housing for the summer (for students 50+ miles away)
For more information and to apply, students should visit the RECCS website. Applications are due Sunday, February 5th, 2023. Students from rural community colleges and from groups historically underrepresented in science are encouraged to apply.
Questions? Contact email@example.com
Leave a Reply